skip to main |
skip to sidebar
This little beach (Dixie Beach) on the island of Molokai was a huge debate when we were there in February. Well, it turns out that they wanted to develop the land around it for tourist. the islanders that lived there fought this and they won. Winning brought a huge price. They people that own the few hotels on the island closed them down. There are now No hotels on Molokai. This is devastating for these people, over half of them make a living off of tourist. It is a lovely beach and we spent a lot of time there. The only good that came out of it is, Molokai will continue to be the small quite island that I fell in love with.
2 comments:
I would imagine that the Molokai natives now have very mixed emotions about their decisions. I wonder how long before the hotels change their minds, though, and reopen what already exists...
Wow, that's too bad...looks beauitful!!
Post a Comment